Several people have asked me about the “Eat to Live” program that I have been following for the past 2 weeks. In my ongoing journey to improve my health, energy, and overall well-being I have made a committment to this lifestyle. It’s really important to start by reading the book, and the overall program is actually quite simple:
- 1lb of vegetables per day – mostly raw – or more
- 1 cup (or more) of beans per day
- 1 oz of nuts per day (max)
- 2 oz of avocado per day (max)
- up to 1 cup of whole grains per day (less if you want to see weight loss results faster) – this includes winter squash
- up to 4 servings of fruit per day
- 1tbsp ground flax seeds per day
absolutely no oil, salt, sugar or processed food
I also created an Eat to Live board on Pinterest for recipe ideas. Some of these will have to be tweaked in order to be compliant, but they are a good source of inspiration.
There are some other details about this approach that help inform decisions around how to start and maintain this that are very helpful, but you have to read the book. I am on week 2 and feel much better, and have lost 6lbs so far. While the weight loss is important, I am looking forward to many benefits beyond the impact this will have on my weight and BMI.
I am hoping to post recipes, ideas, and eventually even photos!