So I was worried about some of the more mundane ingredients for my Thanksgiving meal – flour and other grains, maple syrup, etc. While doing some research, I stumbled upon Wades Mill.
A working flour mill (circa 1750), Wades Mill produces all-natural all-purpose white flour—as well as whole-wheat flour, cornmeal, grits, and more—on mill stones. They also have local syrup, jams and jellies.
Wades Mill products are reasonably priced and are available at several markets in the Charlottesville area
- Foods of All Nations (Charlottesville)
- Greenwood Gourmet Grocery (Crozet)
- Cranberry’s (Staunton), Feast! (Charlottesville)
- C’Ville Market (Charlottesville)
- Retail Relay (mjh.retailrelay.com)
For those living outside of the Charlottesville area, you can order directly from them online via their website: http://www.wadesmill.com.