ok – this one not so healthy… but absolutely delicious – and quick!
Takes about 20 minutes to prepare.
- 1 pound cheese ravioli (fresh or frozen)
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 9 oz. or 2 large bunches of fresh spinach, large stems removed
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Grated Parmesan or Romano
Cook the ravioli according to directions – al dente is best. Drain and put in a large bowl
Cook the bacon on high heat until crisp, drain on paper towel-lined sheet. Crumble.
Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel then add the olive oil. Heat on medium, then add the garlic and cook until golden. Add the spinach, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Cook until wilted.
Stir the bacon and lemon juice into the spinach. Spoon the mixture over the ravioli then toss. Sprinkle top with shredded cheese. Server immediately.