I am happy when I am eating something that should be an appetizer. This recipe is a no-guilt version but tastes REALLY great!
- 1 package Baby Bella or White stuffing mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped
- Bag of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat parmesan cheese topping
- 2 tablespoons of whole-wheat breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 375. Coat baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. Coat nonstick pan with cooking spray and add olive oil. Heat lightly and add chopped onion. Slow cook onion to carmelize (on low/medium heat). Add garlic, cook until translucent. Chop raw spinach and add to pan. Toss until it cooks down by 1/2. Add cheeses and breadcrumbs. Salt and pepper to taste.
Fill each mushroom cap (until overstuffed). Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
mm.. if there is something i do like is good Feta cheese. the reduced fat versions manufactured now are not bad too.
the combination of mushrooms+feta cheese and parmesan cheese is great!