Dear mom –
I was thinking about you again and how so many things I experience these days remind me of you. Here are some things I think you would have appreciated:
1. My children. they are good-natured, sweet and insightful. All gifts that you gave me and I passed on to them.
2. Where I live. It’s beautiful in Virginia, you would have appreciated so much about this place. We went apple picking on a mountain last weekend. I wish you were here to enjoy it with us.
3. Seeing books by your favorite authors make it to the big screen, and done well: Tolkien, Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, Jane Austen – I wish we could have enjoyed these together.
4. Harry Potter. You would have absolutely loved Harry – somehow these books make me think of you.
5. Spending time together with me as an adult. I think I did pretty well overall, and you would be proud. I think you would have enjoyed spending time together with me now more than ever.