Dear mom –
I was thinking about you again and how so many things I experience these days remind me of you. Here are some things I think you would have appreciated:
1. My children. they are good-natured, sweet and insightful. All gifts that you gave me and I passed on to them.
2. Where I live. It’s beautiful in Virginia, you would have appreciated so much about this place. We went apple picking on a mountain last weekend. I wish you were here to enjoy it with us.
3. Seeing books by your favorite authors make it to the big screen, and done well: Tolkien, Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, Jane Austen – I wish we could have enjoyed these together.
4. Harry Potter. You would have absolutely loved Harry – somehow these books make me think of you.
5. Spending time together with me as an adult. I think I did pretty well overall, and you would be proud. I think you would have enjoyed spending time together with me now more than ever.
Sorry for your loss. Take care.
Be proud of yourself, as your children surely are, and will be, as you all continue to grow.
I havent yet read all your blogs, but get that you’re stronger than at times you think.
Good health and happiness too you all, and most of all I wish you piece of mind.
Thank you for such kind words. My mother took her own life more than 20 years ago and I live with that legacy every day. I am not a sad person – but at times I really wish I had her here to talk to. She died when I as 21.
Nice to know there are folks out there who are kind and thoughtful as well!
I stopped to read your lovely words so that I could think about my own mother. Some time ago, I realized that I never really knew who my mother was and once she died it was too late to find out. I think she would’ve liked Harry, too, but I’m not absolutely sure. That’s the sad truth. I should’ve asked more questions; should’ve paid more attention.
Know that you and your mom will be together again. She will wrap her arms around you and tell you how much she loves you. You will realize she has been beside you all this time…listening to you and guiding you…Where she is now she is healthy and whole. To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under the sun. May God bless you .