It’s September. I absolutely adore Autumn in so many ways. Unfortunately I have to spend 6 days in Orlando at the end of October (which is my favorite month). What a waste.
Anyway, here is a list of things I am looking forward to over the next few months:
1. Autumn. The weather, the trees, Oktoberfests everywhere, visits to the vineyard, Halloween, crisp apples, pumpkins – you gotta love it. Virginia is particularly beautiful this time of year.
2. Re-entering the world of physical fitness. So I fell off the wagon for a while (again). It is my intention to begin as Jen suggests with short intense workouts, it will definitely help my state of mind (not to mention my body). I am also considering taking Yoga and a Swimming for fitness class at the local rec center.
3. Finishing the books I am reading. The Dark is Rising Series, and then moving on to a new literary adventure.
4. Making a decision on what to do with my Career. I am about to present a new job description for myself. It’s totally different from what I am currently doing. I will give up the important title and managing an entire division to work on more innovative things. At this point in my career, I don’t need the title – I just want to use my best skills for the greater good. If it doesn’t work, I may have to figure something else out.
5. Upcoming movie releases. The Golden Compass, The Dark is Rising (although I think the directors may have messed this up even more than the Eragon movie) (read this well thought-out post on bookmoot.com), and the new Elizabeth movie with Cate Blanchett are just three that I would like to see.
6. Going on more mini-adventures with my daughter. We have visited several beautiful places this past year (within driving distance). I look forward to doing that even more.
7. Learning new things. My interest in photography has peaked and I would like to buy a new camera, I am also going ot learn how to podcast/vodcast with my friend Rebecca, and I would like to take Yoga and learn how to meditate properly.