I am getting increasingly excited about Harry Potter. Yes, I am a geek. So what of it?
There is much to look forward to this year, and excitement is building everywhere!
- Over the holidays, I had a Harry Potter themed Christmas Tree just to kick off the excitement.
- Also during the holidays, my children took to re-enacting several scenes from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with props, music, and all.
- My Secret Samwise (a Lord of the Rings ‘secret santa’ group) sent me the Harry Potter t-shirt I have always wanted. It says “I solemnly swear I am up to no good” on the front and “mischief managed” on the back.
- I am back to listening to all of the Harry Potter audiobooks on my iPod.
- The overall content, discussions and debate happening in my favorite two Harry Potter podcasts (PotterCast and MuggleCast) is getting more and more interesting. So every week I have 2 hours of Harry Potter listening pleasure.
- This is really geeky: They are releasing Harry Potter action figures in March. Why am I looking forward to this? Because I am a super-secret fangirl in discuise and I will have to purchase at least one.
- Several Harry Potter conferences, including: Prophecy 2007 in Toronto and Enlightening 2007 in Philadelphia. The Enlightening 2007 conferences is a being promoted as a Harry Potter camp for families. This is intriguing, plus it is being held during the release timeframe, so I am sure there will be a big to-do around the movie release. hmmmmm…
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie: Release date – July 13th
- And of course, the ultimate excitement – the impending release of the final Harry Potter book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, sometime this year. We are planning a huge book release party with a local bookstore. It will be held at an old train station with costumes, house banners, and much more!