Things I’m excited about:
- I only had to work 3 days this week
- My teenage son actually invested time in studying last night
- I plan to have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends
- I worked out really hard yesterday and today
- A new episode of “top chef” comes on tonight
- The glass of Pinot Noir I will have at 5pm today
- The new trailer for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Things I am not excited about today:
- The way I looked in the workout photo we took this morning
- Money – bills
- Home improvements are very hard for me and overwhelming
- Cleaning my bedroom
- All of the families with children who have no place to live
- My weight
Congratulations on your son studying! How did you do that??? I have a 14 year old who doesn’t study … he’s such a great kid… respectful, non-judmental, funny, witty …. but he won’t pick up a book and study!
Gotta love him!
I negotiated. He earns skateboarding time by studying or reading. He is also a great kid – but hates school! It’s a very tough age – I don’t think negative reinforcement is the way to go. So I found incentive. It is VERY difficult, but worth it… Good Luck!!!
I totally agree about negative reinforcement! Last night, we checked online to see what he had done and he’s up to date! He even studied for his science and math tests. I’ll have to think of something special to reward him today.