So I took the week off last week to work on some long overdue home improvements. The biggest milestone of the week involved Chris (thank you Chris!) – who came over and installed new lighting and switches in my kitchen and bathroom. It seems like I had all week to do many things, but I ended up doing them this weekend instead! Just call me last minute lucy.
- Friday night was stressful because David came home with his 1st quarter report card which included 3 F’s and a D. I was so upset I couldn’t talk to him Friday night in fear of reacting the wrong way.
- Saturday Morning I was better prepared (or so I thought) to discuss this with him, along with the consequences. I woke up early, and laid it all out for him. I guess he didn’t like the terms very much because he put his shoes on and walked out. – basically he ran away. We couldn’t find him for hours. Big Dave came home from work and search all of West Springfield for him – finally he found him. He ended up spending the day with Big Dave at work writing sentences about his life.
- In the meantime, I took Daryn and Zoe to see Happy Feet. I really wanted to go to this movie not because I really wanted to see Happy Feet, but because I wanted to see the international release of the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix trailer. So basically I went to a movie to see a 54 second trailer. Was it worth it? Abso-freekin-lutely. I’m such a geek.
- We got home afterwards and I finished painting my bathroom – including touch-ups and trim. It is a beautiful Tumeric color. I feel so accomplished. I even hand painted the switch plates with cool designs!
- Today (Sunday) I went to Homey Depot (for the 100th time this week), touched up some trim around the house, and then for some INSANE reason, I decided to pull all the carpet off of my lower 2 sets of stairs, yank out all the nails, and strip the finish off of the wood. Geez, WHAT was I thinking? Needless to say I finished it (because I had to so folks could go downstairs) but my back is killing me! Now I still have to sand, apply some edging, and refinish the wood (I will try to recruit a helper on this one). I opened all of the doors and windows because of the toxic chemicals. I hope I didn’t do too much damage to myself.
- I ordered an organtic, free-range turkey from Whole Foods for Thanksgiving. I hope it’s big enough (14-16 lbs) for 7 people. Is that enough? I hope so.
- I ate bad things this weekend. Yesterday at the movies I scarfed popcorn and drank a big-ass pepsi. Then I ate a bag of watermelon sour patch kids. Today, I had an eggnog latte and a maple oat-nut scone. I will be better this week.
- Now I am listening to Harry Potter music in my living room, eating spinach-stuffed mushrooms, and enjoying a glass of Pinot Noir. My kids are calling me. Harry Potter is on TV. I love it when that happens.
That’s all until next week…