- Spent the evening Friday night with my new lavendar heated neck wrap, in my superman pajamas, sipping a glass of pinot noir and listening to the rain while I watched “don’t tell mom the babysitters dead” with the kids. Passed out at about 9.
- Woke up Saturday morning and organized my Out of the Darkness Walk team page, created a graphic for the left column of this blog that links to it.
- Spent 1 1/2 hours on Saturday aerobicleaning my room: doing squats while picking things up. Jogged between bedrooms – stopped to do 40 air squates – jogged around the room and put away more stuff – 40 alternating knee lifts. During the entire time I was blasting David’s skater-boy music as loud as possible. Scared the dog in the process. I am sure I pissed-off the neighbors too. All the time I was cracking myself up – my kids think I have completely lost my mind.
- Saturday night we went to the Halloween Haunted House and Fun Fair – spent too much money for dollar store prizes. I guess the girls had fun though. It was all fun and games until the middle school and high school kids started showing up later on – then you could feel the social tension mounting. I had to get out – reliving the angst that goes along with that age is not something that is attractive to me.
- Came home afterwards and made meatballs with pasta for the kids. I ate 2 pieces of my fav cheese from whole foods and 1/2 glass of pinot noir. Then watched the kids play DDR for an hour. Time to go to bed.
- Woke up Sunday morning and took a long (45 min) walk with Jasper at 7 am (but it was really 6 according to my body clock). The fall foliage is at its peak and absolutely delightful, I wish it could stay like this always.
- I made my favorite october breakfast: sliced apples, fresh cranberries, sprinkling of walnuts, cinnamon, oatmeal and just enough apple cider to add moisture. Then bake for 20-30 mins. I add splenda if I still need sweetness. MMMM Good.
I will report back later after our trip to the pumpkin patch, and after I do my bootcamp work out that Jen sent me. Later!
I love it! Your awesome! What a great Mom. Someday your kids will tell this story to their kids, with a huge smile on there faces!