Today is my birthday, and being that I fancy myself as being rather hobbit-like, I have decided that giving gifts to others is the best way to celebrate. This is my way of saying thanks for being able to celebrate all that is good and great in this world – especially my children, my family, and the very special friendships I have forged.
My first gift is a compliment (or as many compliments as you like). This will make you feel good about yourself and your day.
My second gift is your very own hobbit name. Hobbits are a small but special folk, who take pride in a simple but wholesome life.
By the way, my hobbit name is: Lobelia Moss of Lake-by-Downs. Too funny!
My third gift – 10 ideas for kindness
- Give a hug to a friend.
- Tell your children why you love them.
- Write a note to your mother/father and tell them why they are special.
- Pat someone on the back.
- Write a thank-you note to a mentor or someone who has influenced your life in a positive way.
- Give coffee to people on their way to work in the morning.
- Donate time at a senior center.
- Give blood.
- Visit hospitals with smiles, treats, and friendly conversation for patients.
- Stop by a nursing home, and visit a resident with no family nearby.
My fourth gift is this beautiful photo of autumn in Vermont – one of my favorite places on earth.