So I came back from the Lord of the Rings movie festival this weekend re-energized about my love for the story, and how thankful I am that Tolkien wrote this. I also met a new friend there, and I am reminded of the special relationships I have forged through this common connection.
What Lord of the Rings had done for me:
- It made me understand how important it is to stand up for what I believe in
- No matter how scary the violent threats in this world get, we have the ability to overcome them
- Without risk, there is no victory or joy
- No matter how difficult life may seem, there is always something to look forward to
- The bonds of friendship are one of our greatest treasures
I am grateful for these lessons – and for all of the wonderful people I have met and developed relationships with through this common bond.