I am creating this blog/journal to help me keep focused on my goals. I am tired of talking about it. I am tired of not achieving my goals and feeling like a failure every time. I am tired of being victimized by myself. Ok, enough of the pity party.
Goals & Objectives:
- Improve my physical health and that of my family. Be more active and improve my health so that I can enjoy life more. I have become somewhat of a recluse because of my weight and my health and now it is having an impact on my quality of life and that of my family.
- 60 minutes of physical activity per day. Bottom-line – move my body!
- Learn how to cook using fresh fruits, vegetables, seafood, and other healthy ingredients.
- Get my financial act together. that means, consilidate debt, put together a budget, and a plan for savings, etc.
- enroll in debt consolidation program
- set up a budget-save 10% of income in savings account
- Finish the Suze Orman program for financial success
- Exercise my mind through reading and learning. Set literary goals (some of which I have already met) and continue to read and explore new books.
- read a minimum of 1 book per month. -some titles: Chronicles of Narnia, Mysts of Avalon, The Unfinished tales, Treasure Island…just to start.
- learn something new. Take online classes, participate in discussion groups, learn how to make something
- Volunteer some of my time or skills to an organization or person who needs help.
- contribute to the community: Meals on wheels, teaching tech to kids, mentoring.
- Improve the quality of time I spend with my family.
- 3 family meals together per week
- reading time
- weekly outdoor activities: lake hike, neighborhood walk
- movie time